John E. and Tennie M. Codlin and their family are buried in Springer Cemetery, Springer, Colfax County, New Mexico: Tennie M. Codlin, born 1855, died 1942; Jno. E. Codlin, Co. I, 8 Mo. Inf.; Fred M. Codlin, born 1878, died 1960; Fay Codlin, born 1880, died 1882; Charlie Codlin, born 1887, died 1892; Amy Codlin, born 1878, died 1892; Winnie Codlin, born 1882, died 1892; Bessie Codlin, died 1892. And, Carrie Hoffarth, born 1893, died 1981; F. L. Roy Hoffarth, born 1896, died 1977.
194. ii. James McAlister, born circa 1857, Washington County, Tennessee.
195. iii. Charley McAlister, born circa 1860, Washington County, Tennessee.
196. iv. Fannie McAlister, born circa 1863, Washington County, Tennessee.
197. v. Oscar McAlister, born circa 1866
198. v. Carrie I. McAlister, born 30 November 1867, Washington County, Tennessee, died 30 June 1949, married 1 August 1901, Bartow County, Georgia, to William Thomas Akers, born 4 April 1847, died 8 January 1907. Carrie was his third wife. William Thomas Akers, Carrie I. Akers, and their daughter, Mabel J. Akers are buried in Sylvester Cemetery, Atlanta, DeKalb County, Georgia.
Carrie McAlister lived in Rome, Floyd County, Georgia, in 1900. Carrie I. Akers, widow, lived in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, in 1910 and 1920.