Dr. W. A. Palmer was elected surgeon of the Camp Winnie Davis chapter of the United Confederate Veterans, at Waxahachie, Ellis County, Texas, in April 1897. Y. C. Edmondson was elected commander. W. A. Palmer received a Confederate pension. He had served in Company D, 4th Arizona Cavalry, CSA.
William A. Palmer lived with his father, Amos B. Palmer, in Dallas County, Texas, in 1860 and 1870. William Palmer lived in Ellis County, Texas, in 1880, four doors away from Carr Forrest. In 1887, forty-four acres of Carr Forrest’s land became the town of Forreston on the Dallas to Waco Railway about nine miles south of Waxahachie.
William and Mary A. Palmer lived in Italy, Ellis County, Texas, in 1900. He was a physician. Mary A. Palmer had had eight children, seven were living. Her mother, Sarah Frances Sims Lowe Brewer Edmondson, lived with them. William A. and Henry Mary Palmer moved to Dunn, Scurry County, Texas, 5 April 1906. Henry Mary Brewer Palmer died 28 November 1908 in Dunn.
William A. Palmer and his six youngest children lived in Scurry County, Texas, in 1910. William A. and daughters, Mattie and Maria, lived in Scurry County, Texas, in 1920. William was a physician in 1910 and 1920. Maria was a school teacher in 1920.