The Wilsons lived in Platte County, Missouri, in 1880, 1900, and 1910. In 1900, R. P. C. Wilson was a lawyer and doctor, Francis Wilson was a lawyer, Robert Wilson was a physician, and Wilson Murray was at school.
R. P. C. Wilson was a representative from Missouri. He moved with his parents to Platte County; attended William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri, and was graduated from Centre College, Danville, Kentucky, in 1853. He studied law, was admitted to the bar in 1854 and commenced practice in Seguin, Texas, in 1855. He returned to Missouri, in 1858, and moved to Leavenworth, Kansas, in 1860. He was a member of the first state house of representatives of Kansas from March to 4 June 1861. He returned to Platte County, Missouri, in 1861. He was a member of the state house of representatives of Missouri, in 1871 and 1872 and served as speaker both years. He was a member of the state senate in 1879 and 1880; delegate to the Democratic National Convention in 1888; and president of the Platte County school board.