30 December 1855, G. H. Cunningham of Limestone County, Texas, sold to Joseph C. Willson of Ellis County, Texas, for $900, 340 acres in the southwest part of Ellis County on north fork of Richland Creek, is part of 640 acres patented to Cunningham as assignee of Augustus Berry, 21 February 1855.
George Cunningham served as a private, later lieutenant, in Company C, 19th Texas Cavalry, Confederate Army. He served in the same company with Tennessee Sims’s brothers, Wilson Dabney Sims and William James Sims, and also Carr Forrest.
George H. and Tennessee Cunningham lived in Ellis County, Texas, in 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, and 1910.
George Cunningham was president and director of the Waxahachie National Bank from 1900 to 1915. He was also one of the trustees of the Nicholas P. Sims Library in Waxahachie. G. H. lived in the 500 block of West Main in Waxahachie.